Professional Supervision is a trusted, one to one opportunity to check in. Find out how you can significantly improve your workplace performance.
Professional Supervision provides the opportunity to sit in a safe and trusted space, one-to-one, every month, to discuss things that are causing you unease or that you simply want to pull apart to explore a way forward. This could range from conflict with another member of the team (or client) through to feeling overwhelmed with your current workload, or simply discussing how best to implement a new idea. Because my service is independent and confidential (see my code of ethics on The Details page), people feel able to discuss work-related issues without fear around confidentiality and how that might affect your working relationships or future prospects.
Supervision encompasses three key areas within the workplace.
- The Administrative function – This looks at your accountability around company policies, protocols, ethics and standards within your work environment.
- Workload management / Time management
- Performance delivery / Skills development
- Effective communication
- Conflict resolution
- The Educative function – Your ongoing professional skill development
- Identifying skills, personal drivers, and goals
- Barriers to professional growth
- The Supportive function – Tends to the more personal relationship, ensuring that you are supported in areas such as;
- Emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-management, and relationships with others)
- Feelings of stress, burn-out, low-mood or anger
- Assertiveness / self-confidence
We talk a lot about physical Health & Safety in the business sector, however, there is a gap in how we support mental wellbeing. The reality is 1 in 5 New Zealanders will experience a mental illness this year and often work-related stresses can be eliminated through regular Supervision… Think of me as a confidential sounding board; an opportunity to pull apart a problem and find a workable solution. Through reflection comes learning and growth. If you are a leader, there is a wonderful opportunity to provide the right level of support for your people.
A recent Harvard Business Review study found that happy employees have;
- On average, 31% higher productivity
- Their sales are 37% higher
- And their creativity is 3x higher
Conversely mentally unwell employees showed significantly;
- Higher levels of sick leave
- Workplace conflict
- And personal grievance
The opportunity to increase workplace well-being while also increasing productivity seems almost too good to be true yet the statistics can’t be denied. I offer an obligation free initial consultation so we both feel comfortable that we can work together. Supervision can be carried out in person, over the phone or via Skype. I look forward to hearing from you when you feel ready for better workplace performance.